Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Heavy Metal meets Cyberpunk: The Sprawl



Welcome to Tartarus.

Not the utopia colonists hoped for. Instead a hard, frozen planet that supports but one tangled bloom of habitable metropolis: The Sprawl.

I picked up The Sprawl Log:01, by Snowdon, from Ringtail Cafe Productions. I like having a book in my hand- and this is a fun one.

Sci-Fi and dark horror converge with visual mastery to create a compelling read. Mystery, sex, carnage, and an inscrutable orb took me on an enjoyable ride through a scenario reminiscent of John Carpenter’s The Thing. The art is gritty yet colorful, and I’m especially impressed by the layout style. The paneling comes off as slick and appealing, but always reads clearly.

If you’d like to buckle in for the ride, enjoy on Katbox, or go straight for the real deal with a book.

I hear the next issue of The Sprawl is nearing print, so now is a good time to hop on board and discover another noteworthy creator-owned graphic novel. I’m looking forward to seeing what comes of this series, and where Snowdon goes from here!

No comments: