Saturday, October 2, 2010

Droppin' Beats, Bustin' Typos

Ahem... Quick confession: Elementary school failed on me. You know spelling, like, with words? I tend to balls that up quite frequently. Like on a recent Prelude:
Where I misspelled "relevance" as "relevence".

Little did I know the impending consequences - for then, a most rhymalicious e-mail appeared in my inbox:



Awwww shit son, Typo Busta T's in the house! You ready to get philological up in this piece?

Then drop the beat!

Yo I'm the man himself, Typo Busta T,
The mac daddy of lexicography!
Hired gun of the proofreadin' bourgeoisie,
Bustin' typos and rhymes with equal frequency.

First my '64 Pinto comes from out of the sky -
You ain't the only one with a whip that can fly!
Then I land and crush typos like the witch of the east,
Turning the Typo Demon into a neutered beast.

As my ride lifts off from panel two you'll see
A chalk outline where "relevence" used to be.
I stole an A from panel nine so you can fix that shit
And now it's time for me to make like Wisp and split.

Correctly-spelled word to your mother! I'm out!

PEACE!

-TBT

PS: I apologize for nothing.


It's a comfort knowing I've got such colorfully competent individuals backing me up - the e-mail and it's magical correctives were bestowed upon me by Taylor, who has thrown us a spelling life preserver now and then in our journey. Thanks Taylor, for making our life both more grammatically correct and fun. Well, I've got work to do - back to making misspelled comics!

No comments: